5 Vital Qualifications Every Employer Seeks
Increase Your Chances of Getting the Job by Improving These Characteristics
Sometimes, it may seem as if the odds are against you when applying for a job. While it’s true that you’re likely up against stiff competition when interviewing for a position, know that there is a fulfilling place for you in the workforce.
All employers seek five vital qualifications when fulfilling their position. Sharmrck suggests you develop these five characteristics within yourself to dramatically increase your chances of landing that dream job:
- Diligence. Your potential employer needs to know that you’re thorough and stroke your work with a fine-toothed comb. In this economy, an employer needs to know that he’s getting his money’s worth from the salary that he’s paying you.
- It’s an employer’s right to seek diligence in his employees. Whether you’re being offered a position that pays $10 per hour or $100,000 per year, you need to bring all you’ve got to the table.
- Professionalism. Employers seek professionalism in their employees because it gives them peace of mind that they’re making the right choice. You should dress professionally and appropriately, carry yourself with confidence and know exactly what you’re talking about before you say it.
- A professional demeanor goes a long way. A professional demeanor, firm handshake and killer interview outfit just may get you the job. When you display professionalism, you give interviewers the comfort of knowing that they’re making the right decision.
- Many employers promote within the company. If you lack a professional demeanor, you’ll likely be looked over because interviewers will see little potential for your advancement within the company.
- Dedication to success. A perfect employee is a go-getter. The ideal employee is willing to move mountains in order to attain success for themselves and the greater good of the company. And, if the mountain is immovable, they’ll willingly climb over the mountain to get things done.
- The perfect way to showcase to an employer that you’re dedicated to achieving success is to bring testimonials from your previous employers, clients, and colleagues.
- Bring along a portfolio of your most rewarding work. Explain how you went above and beyond the call of your job and give them ideas as to how you can do the same for them.
- Experience. In the corporate world, experience sells. Sure, a recent college graduate can provide a sense of excitement and a new spin on the ordinary. However, unless you’re vying for a job in a creative environment that thrives on new ideas, this is of little use to the employer. In addition, new grads must endure a learning curve, and that learning curve will cost the employer money.
- A seasoned professional is preferred because they’re already trained to do the job and prepared to handle potentially sticky situations. An experienced professional can save employers money and also begin bringing in revenue almost immediately.
- Even if you’ve just graduated, show the interviewer how your experiences can benefit the company in which you seek a position.
- Education. A college education is almost a requirement in such a competitive job market. Because there’s such a shortage of job openings and an abundance of applicants to go around, employers have the ability to hire overqualified applicants while still paying a lower salary.
- If your college education is lower than a bachelor’s degree, consider attending an online college in order to attain your degree. Or, advance your education, skill-set and credentials by attaining a master’s degree or PhD.
- However, college education is not the only education to make you more appealing to prospective employers. Career and technical education is just as important. Improving your trade skills increases your value and improves your chances of earning a good position.
You deserve to be paid a fair salary for your work. And, in turn, your employer deserves to hire a qualified candidate. Convince interviewers that you’re right for their company and you’re sure to get multiple job offers!
Go to the Shamrck Dashboard today for a personalized career plan and access to local opportunities that will help set you on the path for success.
Address Their Difficulties and Make the Necessary ChangesSchool stress often follows your child home, and thus, quickly turns into a struggle for the entire family. You see, no matter how hard you try, your child might struggle in school at some point in their...
Help The Next Generation Make Informed Decisions About TaxesYou may sometimes wonder how to present the concept of tax, and how important it is to educate the younger generation early on. It's important for them to understand how it will affect their day-to-day lives,...
The Workforce Trends We Can Expect to ContinueAs health restrictions lift and new challenges emerge, it’s never been more critical for employers and job seekers to know and respond quickly to the trends. The pandemic may be nearing the end, but its effect– compounded...